New Year’s Eve remains one of the most anticipated events every year. The fact that it is the last holiday celebrated annually in a calendar year makes it the perfect choice for most people to celebrate extravagantly.
If you are looking for the perfect place to enjoy the end of the year, then Montreal should make it to your list. The historic city is full of events where you can celebrate like it’s the last day on Earth.
Things To Remember
An Electronic Travel Authorization, or ETA Canada, is a requirement for first-time tourists. The Canada ETA is your entrance ticket to Montreal. Apply for one on our website now. Also, you must consider creating a list of must-haves. I advise you to research to avoid overspending.
As for the destinations you need to consider in your visit to Montreal, we got you covered with this list.
Holiday Season Festivities
You should consider taking a vacation in Montreal for the whole holiday season instead of just going to the New Year’s Eve. The streets of Montreal let you experience the European Christmas tradition. Take your family to these holiday festivities before the new year comes:
- Shop for local products that could serve as souvenirs in the Montreal Christmas Market
- Take your loved ones on a trip to the best dishes and specialties in the historic city by joining the Old Montreal Food Tour
- Go to the Merry Montreal, an annual tradition in the Jacques-Cartier Square where you can find a variety of holiday activities
- Watch the amazing “The Nutcracker” ballet routine in Place des Arts
- Enjoy the feeling of the happy holidays at Christmas in the Park
- Visit Christmas-themed bars like Le Bar Noel Miracle and Teddy Bar
- Brew your beer in the Montreal Craft Beer Tour
There are a lot of events in Montreal all year long, but the holidays make these activities extra special. Taking part in these events can be the perfect start to your New Year’s Eve countdown.
Enjoy the Fascinating Tourist Spots
If it is your first time in Montreal, you must take advantage of your stay there by visiting the city’s most popular tourist spots. The historic town boasts a lot of fascinating destinations you put in your bucket list other than celebrating the New Year. Here are some of Montreal’s best hotspots:
- Mount Royal provides an amazing and peaceful view of Montreal
- The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts offers a grand collection of Canada’s historical art and produces quality performances from high-profile artists
- Saint-Paul Street takes you to the famous European ambiance of Montreal and is home to a lot of restaurants and bars
- Au Sommet, a skyscraper that offers an exhilarating and unobstructed view of the city
- The street of Plateau boasts its architectural marvel for first-time tourists at a grand scale
- The Space for Life Botanical Garden of Montreal will pique your interest with many amazing creatures
Montreal offers countless amazing destinations for tourists. Interact with the locals and discover more private locations where Montreal can take your breath away.
Party for the Countdown
Once you have experienced the holiday season and toured the best tourist spots in Montreal, you can focus your attention on the real purpose of your visit to the lovely city. No other city celebrates New Year’s Eve as fabulous as Montreal. Events, bars, and locations like these are definitely worth the trip:
- Montreal’s Old Port will leave you in awe with its impressive display of fireworks and its variety of outdoor performances and activities
- Bistro a Jojo launches a rock or RnB concert for New Year’s Eve
- Comedy Nest, Montreal’s most prominent comedy club, can keep you laughing and happy for the new year
- Club La Voute launches an extravagant party for the countdown
- Little Italy’s Snowbird Tiki Bar attracts tourists with its Hawaiian atmosphere
End your Trip on a High Note
The perfect way to end your trip to Montreal is by indulging in fun activities to welcome the new year. After the big New Year’s Eve celebration, you should find a way to add an exclamation point to your trip before going back home.
Le Massif de Charlevoix provides almost 100 acres of off-piste skiing for adventure-seekers and risk-takers. Join the Snowshoe Excursion trail in Mount Royal to experience physical activities like hiking, climbing, and snowboarding. Also, Casino de Montreal is the perfect place for those who want to test their luck for the new year.
Your trip to Montreal will be worth it when you visit these fantastic sites. So visit the Canada ETA website to secure your travel visa to the magnificent city for New Year’s Eve.