As Canada’s most important gateway and with the most important airport, most people traveling to Canada enter through Toronto. Canada’s largest city has a population of over 5 million people and is one of the most diverse cities in the world. Toronto is also home to some of Canada’s top museums and cultural attractions. In order to enjoy everything this great city has to offer you need to apply for your Canada eTA soon!
To make the most of your visit to this great city and to enjoy some of the most interesting sites, we recommend you visit the following top attractions:
1. CN Tower – The tallest tower in Canada and the third largest free-standing structure in the world, CN Tower is the symbol of Toronto – standing tall at 553 meters. The viewing deck for visitors is located at 447 meters and is called Sky Pod. There you can stand on glass floor and take a look at the city below them – certainly not for people who fear heights!
2. Toronto Zoo – One of the world’s premiere zoos, Toronto zoo has thousands of animals on display. There’s a section that highlights the wonderful wildlife of Canada and includes grizzlies and other interesting animals.
3. Rogers Center – The domed stadium is home to the Toronto Blue Jays – Toronto’s Major League Baseball team. The stadium is very impressive to see and is located in close proximity to CN Tower. If you visit Toronto during the summer we highly recommend that you come and watch the Blue Jays play.
4. Royal Ontario Museum – One of Canada’s top museums, the ROM as it’s known locally has a diverse set of items on display ranging from a large collection of dinosaurs to Canadian History. The new main entrance called “the crystal” was designed by renowned architect Daniel Libeskind.
5. Niagara Falls – Although not in Toronto proper, the Niagara Falls are 130 kilometers southwest of the city. The famed falls are a magnificent site to witness and are highly recommended to anyone visiting Toronto.
Toronto offers some very interesting attractions that will give you a very good feel for this cosmopolitan city. As the gateway to Canada it will give you a good impression about the country, such as the friendliness of the people. Make sure you get your Canada eTA in order to enjoy everything Toronto and Canada have to offer.